Which type of GAP Insurance is right for me? 

Which type of GAP Insurance is right for me?

What type of GAP Insurance is right for me?


Just bought a new car? Looking for GAP Insurance but not sure which GAP Insurance Policy is right for your needs? We’re here to share some insight into the different types of GAP Insurance and help you make the right decision on what GAP Insurance Policy to buy! 

What is GAP insurance?

GAP Insurance, better known as, Guaranteed Asset Protection, is an Insurance product that helps pay off your Vehicle Finance should your car be declared a write-off. 

At Dynamo, we always recommend GAP Insurance. It’s relatively inexpensive and protects you if your car value is less than what’s owed on your Finance Agreement. 

Why should I consider it? 

All cars depreciate. Everyone is familiar with the fact that as soon as the car leaves the forecourt, it loses a lot of money in value. But exactly how much? And does this depreciation stop after this? You might be surprised that even second-hand cars depreciate! 

The average depreciation on a new car in the UK within the first 12 months is between 30-40% and is around 15% for used cars. 

So, whatever car you buy, why not mitigate the risk and protect your finances should you write it off? 


What are the different types of GAP Policies? 

Below you’ll find the different types of GAP Insurance, and we’re here to explain each one, so you can make the best purchase. 

Return to Invoice GAP Insurance

Return to Invoice GAP is designed to give you back what you paid for your car when you bought it!

An example: If your car finance is £20,000 and your Insurer says your car is only worth £13,000, RTI GAP Insurance will pay the difference. 

With RTI GAP, you may be able to clear your finance settlement and have some money left over. Please note: this isn’t guaranteed and varies on your individual situation. 


Vehicle Replacement GAP Insurance

Vehicle Replacement GAP or VRI is a type of insurance that tends to cover the cost of what you paid for your vehicle, the cost of a like-for-like replacement, or cover the amount of finance you owe on your Finance Agreement. 


Where can I buy GAP insurance? 

You can buy GAP Insurance at a Dealership, Online or direct with Dynamo Cover

Why choose Dynamo? 

Dynamo Cover are the UK’s Leading GAP Insurance provider, with over 9,000 Reviews. We’re #1 on Comparison Sites and provide £25,000 Personal Injury and £1,000 Excess Cover as standard. 



  • https://bit.ly/3wSmYQX
  • https://bit.ly/3tEKWx1
  • https://bit.ly/3urJXiT


You may also be interested in...

Energy-saving tips for your home or business

Top Energy-Saving Tips for your Home or Business

Why are energy bills going up? If you’ve been watching the news, then you’ll probably have heard about the rise in gas and electricity bills. With the rise of energy bills, we’re here to sha...

View Post
Hot to stay warm on winter bike rides

How to Stay Warm on Bike Rides

With the winter months still among us, we thought we’d share some tips on how to stay warm on your bike rides! There’s nothing better than being outdoors, but let’s make sure we’re looking aft...

View Post
The top 5 affordable hot-hatches on the market

The top 5 affordable Hot-Hatches available to buy on the UK market

In 2021, there were almost 9 million cars sold in the UK. In recent years, we’ve seen a huge demand for Hot-Hatches. What’s not to love? They’re striking in looks, perform well and m...

View Post
difference between plug in and electric cars

What Is The Difference Between A Plug-in Hybrid & An Electric Car?

With the rise of plug-in and electric vehicles entering the UK market, it can be slightly confusing as to which one to go for. However, to help you make an informed buying decision, we’ve put to...

View Post